The Microsoft Intune Team announced the next service update for Microsoft Intune will become available between March 4, 2015 and March 7, 2015.
With notable attention with the new service update you’re able to deploy *.appx files to Windows Phone 8.1 devices. The *.appx extension – aka as Metro App – is normally only available for the Windows 8.1 platform. By enabling *.appx support for Windows Phone 8.1 Microsoft is taking the next step into the universal app erea.
New Intune standalone (cloud only) features that will be released as part of this service update include:
- Ability to streamline the enrollment of iOS devices purchased directly from Apple or an authorized reseller with the Device Enrollment Program (DEP). The Device Enrollment Program (DEP) provides a fast, streamlined way to deploy your corporate-owned Mac or iOS devices, whether purchased directly from Apple or through participating Apple Authorized Resellers
- Ability to restrict access to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business based upon device enrollment and compliance policies
- Management of OneDrive apps for iOS and Android devices
- Ability to deploy .appx files to Windows Phone 8.1 devices
- Ability to restrict the number of devices a user can enroll in Intune
Further, as part of this service update, we Microsoft will be providing hybrid customers with the ability to create custom WiFi profiles with pre-shared keys (PSK) for Android devices. This will be expected to be alvailable in the next service update for Intune standalone (cloud only).
For more detailed information see the Microsoft Intune Team Blog