System Center Service Manager Exchange Connector
The System Center Service Manager – Exchange Connector connects Service Manager to Exchange for processing incoming emails related to incidents and change requests. The emails can update the incident action log or change the status of an incident to resolved or closed. Incoming emails with special keywords allow a change request reviewer to approve or reject a review activity and activity implementers can mark activities assigned to them as completed. The SendEmail solution allows analysts to send messages to users via email from the console.
This release is compatible with Service Manager 2010 SP1. It contains the final set of features for this version, including
- Create incident from email
- Update incident action log from email
- Resolve or close incidents from email
- Approve/reject change requests from email
- Update change request “action log” from email
- Mark manual activities completed from email
- Add email file attachment to work items as attachments
- Send notifications to users from the console
Exchange Connector is a welcome addition to the standard available Service Manager connectors. Besides the Exchange Connector, there are default connectors available for Active Directory, Operations Manager and Configuration Manager. The connector is operates with Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP3 or Exchange 2010 SP1 versions.
The Service Manager Exchange Connector can be downloaded here.
Leave a Reply