As per latest update release (currently enrolled) of Microsoft Intune, it provides now full support of OMA-URI. This seemingly small feature introduces ‘endless’ capabilities which opens a new era of Enterprise Mobility! Endless possibilities and scenario’s allows you to take full benefit of all existing and new features which offers Microsoft Intune and Windows Phone 8.1.
According to the Microsoft Intune update of December the Windows Phone 8.1 Enterprise Device Management Protocol guide has been updated including improved current feature set and introduces new capabilities such as managing Wi-Fi profiles configuration for Windows Phone 8.1.
Hereby an overview of updated and new Windows Phone 8.1 capabilities:
New in Windows Phone 8.1
- Enterprise application restrictions
- EnterpriseAssignedAccess configuration service provider
- Logging support for Enterprise server creation
- PolicyManager configuration service provider
- RemoteLock configuration service provider
- RemoteRing configuration service provider
- VPN configuration service provider
- Web Authentication Broker Support in enrollment process
- Wi-Fi configuration service provider
Updated in Windows Phone 8.1
- Certificate configuration
- CertificateStore configuration service provider
- Discovery web service
- DMClient configuration service provider
- Enterprise application install, update, uninstall
The updated Windows Phone 8.1 Enterprise Device Management Protocol document can be downloaded here.