Recently Provance released Cumulative Update 2 (CU2) for both the IT Asset Management Pack and Data Management Packs in order to support System Center Service Manager 2012 SP1.
What’s New in the Cumulative Update?
Support for Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1, Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – In addition to new functionality and performance improvements, Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1) supports deployment of Service Manager on Microsoft Windows Server 2012, use with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and backup to Windows Azure. In particular, Microsoft System Center 2012 – Service Manager introduces new charge back functionality in SP1. The Provance IT Asset Management Pack CU2 release allows you take full advantage of all the new Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1 features and capabilities.
Simultaneous International Availability and New Russian Language Version – For the first time, international support for French and German is available simultaneously with the English language release of the Provance IT Asset Management Pack. This cumulative update also includes expanded international localization, with new language support for Russian.
Performance Improvements – The Provance IT Asset Management Pack cumulative update 2 for Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1 features a number of performance enhancements, including significantly faster data import using the Provance Data Management Pack.
Cumulative Update – All improvements provided in previous fix releases are also included in this cumulative update.
- Support for installation and operation under System Center Service Manager 2012 SP1
- Russian localization (User Interface, Online Help and Product Documentation)
- DMP Import Processing Improvement (reduced processing overhead for DMP imports)
- DMP Remove Relationship Support (new User Interface and processing to allow relationships to be removed without removing the objects) as part of DMP Import template processing
- Targeted Software Licensing Value calculation. The “Recalculate Software Licensing Values” task has been changed from a “global task” to operate only against the selected Software Titles. You can select one or more titles to be manually processed; the regularly scheduled nightly run will still perform recalculation for all titles.
Furthermore this version supports English, French, German and Russian languages and can be used to upgrade Provance V1.2 SP1, Provance V1.2 SP1 International, Provance 2012 RTM and Provance 2012 CU1. For those customers upgrading from V1.2 (either SP1 or SP1i) new licenses keys are required for Provance 2012 so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to upgrading.
The download is available at the resources section of Provance Community site.