Microsoft Assessment and Planning #MAP 6.0 Beta released
The latest beta release from the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) team provides organizations with tools to accelerate the adoption of Microsoft private and public cloud platforms.
MAP 6.0 Beta: Accelerate the adoption of Microsoft private and public cloud platforms
Planning your journey to the cloud just got a bit easier. The next release of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit—version 6.0 Beta—includes assessment capabilities to evaluate workloads for both public and private cloud platforms. With MAP 6.0 Beta, you now have the ability to identify workloads and estimate the infrastructure size and resources needed for both Windows Azure and Hyper-V Fast Track. Also new to MAP 6.0 Beta is the Office 365 client assessment, enhanced VMware inventory, and Oracle schema discovery and reporting. Expanded assessment and discovery capabilities from MAP help you streamline planning for your next migration project. Plan what’s next with MAP.
New features and benefits from MAP 6.0 Beta release help you:
· Analyze your portfolio of applications for a move to the Windows Azure Platform
· Accelerate planning to private cloud with Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track onboarding
· Identify migration opportunities with enhanced heterogeneous server environment inventory
· Assess your client environment for Office 365 readiness
· Determine readiness for migration to Windows Internet Explorer 9
· Discover Oracle database schemas for migration to SQL Server
The beta materials can be downloaded on Connect: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=219165
This program is now open. The beta review period will run through mid-July, 2011.
To join the beta review program for Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit 6.0, visit Microsoft Connect:http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=219168
Leave a Reply