Troubleshooting Service Manager 2010 Reporting #sysctr
Last week I had some challenges getting Service Manager Reporting working properly in a scenario with a remote SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) as shown below.
During deployment of the Service Manager data warehouse management server, you can specify the server to which Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) will be deployed. By default, the computer that is hosting the data warehouse management server is selected during setup. If you specify a different computer, you are prompted to follow this procedure to configure the remote SSRS server. Before you follow this procedure, you must perform the following actions:
- Copy Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code.dll from the Service Manager installation media to the computer that is hosting SSRS.
- Add a code segment to a configuration file on the computer that is hosting SSRS.
Management pack association ignored. This does not require any action. If you continue to frequently see this warning, contact your administrator. This process will continue to retry.
Management pack ID: 9541d60e-9a8b-cfd2-2008-155c3e0ada5c
Management pack name: ServiceManager.IncidentManagement.Report.Library
Management pack version: 7.0.6555.0
Data source name: Service Manager
Copy and install the Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code.dll file using gacutil
1. On the Service Manager installation media, in the Prerequisites folder, locate the file Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code.dll.
2. Copy this file to the \Windows\assembly folder on the computer that will host SSRS.
3. Log on to the computer that will host SSRS.
4. Click Start, and then click Run.
5. In the Run dialog box, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
6. In the command dialog box, type cd\windows\assembly, and then press ENTER.
7. Type the command gacutil /i Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code.dll, and then press ENTER.
8. Notice that Assembly successfully added to the cache displays.
To verify the installation of the Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code.dll file using gacutil
1. Log on to the computer that will host SSRS.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Run dialog box, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
4. In the command dialog box, type cd\windows\assembly, and then press ENTER.
5. Type the command gacutil /l Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code, and then press ENTER.
Note! The file extension (.dll) is not used with the /l switch.
6. Observe that The Global Assembly Cache contains the following assemblies: Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL Number of items = 1 displays
To use the gacutil tool you need to install the .NET Framework 3.5 SDK. You will need the SDK as the gacutil tool is not included with the runtime. For more information, download a copy of the SDK at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=178257. If you have installed the .NET Framework 3.5 SDK, you can use the following procedures to install and verify the assembly. If you don’t want to download and install the entire copy of SDK you can download the gacutil here.
This helped me out today, thanks for posting and for redistributing the exe, saved me a download!
I am facing the same issue but after following the above mentioned solution my issue is still exists. I already replace the dll file and add the mentioned code in rssrvpolicy.config. Install the dll file in assembly folder but still unable to generate the reports.
Please could you send me your operations manager eventlog of the data warehouse server?
i have the same problem after upgrading from scsm2010 to scsm2012.. does this solution work on scsm 2012 as well?