My very first challenge – which was in my modest opinion the hardest part – with Enterprise Data Protection (EDP) was defining protected applications in a correct way. Many of you including myself were struggling how to define restricted applications.
In a serie blog posts I will provide some guidance how EDP works and how to configure protected apps, Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune.
- Part 1 – Introduction: Enterprise Data Protection – Under the hood
- Part 2 – Retrieve Desktop & Universal Application Information with PowerShell
- Part 3 – Create & Deploy Enterprise Data Protection with System Center Configuration Manager Current Branch (1511)
- Part 4 – Create & Deploy Enterprise Data Protection with Microsoft Intune
- Part 5 – Enterprise Data Protection & Azure RMS better together
In this blog I’ll explain how you can retrieve the mandatory information required in order to define protected applications for your Enterprise Data Protection policies.