For those who are using On-Premises Exchange or Hosted Exchange with Microsoft Intune (standalone) hereby a quick post to inform you the Microsoft Intune Exchange connector (5.0.6175.0) has been updated last month (March 2016). At time of writing no release notes were available what has been addressed with the updated connector.
This week the Solution Accelerator Team announced the Beta version of Microsoft Assessment and Planning 8.5 (MAP) Toolkit. This new version of the Microsoft® Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit provides agentless discovery, inventory and assessment for a variety of scenarios. Some of the key features in this release are:
- Newly designed user interface makes it easier to find and use the right tool for the job.
- Added support for Lync 2013, SharePoint 2013, and Exchange 2013 Usage Tracking.
- Advances in Virtual Machine Discovery to improve VM inventory results.
- New Windows Volume Licensing scenario helps identify the licensing status of computers running Windows Vista SP1 or newer.
This latest version of MAP adds new scenarios to help plan your environment with agility while lowering the cost of delivering IT. Included in MAP 8.5 are hardware and infrastructure readiness assessments to assist you in planning the deployment of Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, preparing your migration to Windows Azure Virtual Machines, readying your environment for Office 2013 and Office 365, and tracking your usage of Windows Server, Lync, SharePoint, and Exchange.
Today (February 20th, 2013) SP3 for Forefront UAG 2010 has been released. Besides bug fixes Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) Service Pack 3 (SP3) provides a number of new features, including support for Windows 8 devices with Internet Explorer 10, and support for publishing Exchange Server 2013 and SharePoint Server 2013.
- Windows 8 as a client as a client platform
- Windows 8 RT (Surface) as a client platform
- Windows 8 Enterprise as a client for DirectAccess
- Support for IE10 as a client using both the Modern UI version and the desktop version
- Support for Windows Mail (on Windows 8) as a client for Exchange Mail (“Outlook Anywhere” or RPC-Over-HTTP)
- Support for RDC 8, the new protocol for Remote Desktop Connections, which is part of Windows 8. This also enables older clients which installed Update KB2592687 to connect to RDG-based applications published by UAG.
- Support for Windows Phone 8 as a client platform (*this support level is comparable to other mobile platforms support)
- Support for Office 2013 clients as client platforms for access to SharePoint (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Support for Outlook 2013 as a client for Exchange Mail (Outlook Anywhere or RPC-Over-HTTP)
- Support for publishing Exchange 2013 for OWA, ActiveSync and Outlook-Anywhere
- Support for publishing SharePoint 2013
- Improvements to KCD that allows the administrator to enable ticket caching for improved performance
- Improvements to the Relaying-party configuration mechanism (FedUtil) to improve stability Continue reading “Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) Service Pack 3 (SP3) is released! #sysctr”
Recently the Solution Accelerator Team released the RTM version of Microsoft Assessment and Planning 8.0 (MAP) Toolkit. The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit is an agentless inventory, assessment, and reporting tool that can securely assess IT environments for various platform migrations—including Windows 8, Windows 7, Office 2010 and Office 365, Windows Server 2012 and Windows 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, Hyper-V, Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track, and Windows Azure.
Microsoft and FullArmor Will Offer MailPortal Migrator Tool at No Cost to Live@edu Customers
BOSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–FullArmor, a leader in enterprise policy management, today announced the availability of MailPortal Migrator, which simplifies the migration of on-premise Microsoft Exchange and Google Apps mail to the Microsoft Live@edu communications and collaboration service for educational institutions. FullArmor also announced that Microsoft has licensed MailPortal Migrator, and will make it available for free to Live@edu customers. It will be available for download from Microsoft and FullArmor after Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference.
“With MailPortal Migrator, FullArmor is providing schools around the world a cost effective, efficient way to move from their existing mail and calendaring system to Live@edu”
“With MailPortal Migrator, FullArmor is providing schools around the world a cost effective, efficient way to move from their existing mail and calendaring system to Live@edu,” said Anthony Salcito, Vice President of Worldwide Education for Microsoft. “We are pleased to be able to provide this capability to our Live@edu community so IT administrators can quickly deploy a best of breed communications and collaboration infrastructure so students and teachers can be more productive.”
MailPortal Migrator extracts the data from Outlook PST files as well as Google Apps mailboxes and migrates the mail, calendar and contact information to a Live@edu mailbox. This tool can be used by an end user to migrate their personal mailbox. The scope of the migration is customizable so that the user or administrator can pick and choose which data elements to move. For example, MailPortal Migrator can migrate just mail, calendar, or contacts, or any combination of these three categories.
For education organizations interested in bulk migration, MailPortal Migrator Admin can be purchased directly from FullArmor and its authorized partners. This MailPortal Migrator Admin version was utilized by the Kentucky Department of Education in their process of migrating 700,000 student, teacher, and staff Exchange mailboxes to Live@edu, which was the largest and fastest Exchange to Live@edu migration to date.
“One of our key requirements was to provide local school districts options to address the migration of mail, calendar and contacts from our on-prem Exchange infrastructure to Live@edu. FullArmor’s solution made this possible for us,” said Chuck Austin from the Office of Education Technology of Kentucky. “Our technical team in cooperation with Microsoft Consulting Services and FullArmor did a fantastic job.”
“Educational institutions that want to take advantage of Live@edu face the complicated and time consuming task of migrating mail, calendar, and contact data to the Microsoft cloud platform,” said Rich Farrell CEO for FullArmor. “MailPortal Migrator automates this process and eliminates a major barrier to the adoption of Live@edu. We are pleased to license this to Microsoft to help alleviate this barrier and accelerate adoption.”
Pricing and Availability
MailPortal Migrator will be available for download at no cost from the Microsoft and FullArmor websites beginning July 19, 2010. MailPortal Migrator Admin can be purchased directly from FullArmor and its authorized partners.